TRL Terms & Conditions
The following outlines the Terms and Conditions associated with TRL Juniors (as managed by Head Office locations on the direct debit, week-to-week model). Please read these Terms and Conditions carefully. By accepting these Terms and Conditions, you agree to be bound by these Terms and Conditions.
A: Code of Conduct
All registered players (children) and all parents/guardians are bound by this code of conduct. A player, parent/guardian, whether on or off the field, must refrain from:
- Attending a TRL competition if they are unwell or showing symptoms found with COVID-19;
- Continual breaches of the rules;
- Swearing, foul, abusive or derogatory language which includes comments or actions;
- Verbal abuse including language, comments or words that threatens or denigrates a player, referee or spectator on the basis of his/her religion, sexual orientation, disability, race, colour, national or ethnic origin;
- Talking back to or arguing with a referee;
- Dissent or disapproval towards a referee following a decision by the referee;
- Intentional physical contact not permitted by the rules or striking a player, referee, spectator or TRL representative;
- Attacking the head of an opponent or tripping an opponent;
- Entering the field under the influence of drugs or alcohol;
- Excessively hard touches or overly aggressive game play;
- Any action deemed, in the ultimate discretion of the referee or competition manager, to bring the game into disrepute or any other action which is not in the spirit of the game;
- Wearing unsuitable footwear. This includes metal studs, or screw-ins and ensuring only footwear with moulded studs and which are less than 10mm in length, are worn.
Should a player (or team) or parent/guardian breach the Code of Conduct above, TRL may take whatever action necessary including but not limited to: suspension of individuals, parents/guardians and teams; individual bans or team bans; escalating the matter to Police or appropriate law enforcement bodies.
PLEASE NOTE, TRL has a ZERO TOLERANCE policy when it comes to acts of violence. TRL takes such incidents extremely seriously. Any player or spectator involved in any violent act will be banned from TRL. The ban will in most cases, be for life and only if there are extenuating circumstances, will that player/spectator be allowed to return. TRL will also escalate such incidents to the police where required.
B: Role of the Parent/Guardian including Parental Consent
- As parent/guardian of the enrolled child, I give permission for this child, to partake in the TRL Program.
- I also warrant that I am the parent/guardian of said child.
- I acknowledge that I must be present at all times (or have a suitable replacement) whilst TRL’ sessions are taking place.
- To be insured, a child must be registered.
- All parents are encouraged to seek medical advice for their children before playing to ensure they are fit and capable of participating in a TRL Program.
- If your child suffers from an illness or disability of some sort, you must provide a formal Medical Certificate clearing your child as fit for play. The onus to obtain and then provide this Certificate rests with the parent/guardian.
- All registered children will be covered by the Sports Personal Accident Insurance Policy as arranged by TRL through Arthur James Gallagher Brokers. [Policy details are available from TRL]
- For a child (parent/guardian) to make an insurance claim, they must report the incident to the coach on the day/night of the injury. A failure to do so voids a child’s right to claim through the TRL Insurance Policy.
D: Disclaimer & Acknowledgements
- In consideration of TRL allowing my child, once registered, to participate in the TRL competition and events run by TRL, I agree to release TRL from all liability for any claim or demand or damage or personal injury or illness sustained by my child (a) arising from or in respect of their participation in any game or other activity (TRL related or otherwise) arranged by or on behalf of TRL, whether or not the injury is caused by TRL or any other person; and (b) whether or not the damage, personal injury or illness arises from the negligence or breach of any statutory duty of TRL or any other individual.
- I acknowledge that: (a) in the conduct of the TRL competition or other activity, some physical contact will occur between my child and other individuals involved in the competition; and (b) I consent to that contact being made; and (c) I will not hold TRL or any other TRL Representative responsible for any injury or illness I may suffer in respect of that contact.
- I acknowledge that there is an increased risk of COVID-19 transmission due to the nature of TRL and I will not hold TRL or any other TRL Representative responsible if my child (or I) contract the virus.
- I acknowledge that it is my responsibility to ensure that my child follows COVID-SAFE procedures and processes as outlined by TRL and Government authorities. I acknowledge that a failure to do so both puts my child and others at risk of contracting COVID-19.
- I acknowledge that it is my responsibility to refrain my child from participating in TRL if they feel sick or have any symptoms which are associated with COVID-19. I further acknowledge that to participate in such circumstances would be a fragrant breach of this responsibility and would be entirely my doing.
- I acknowledge that TRL rent/hire their fields from other Organisations which from time to time will cancel a training session whether this be on account of weather, an act of God, a pandemic or otherwise.
- I acknowledge TRL will often engage with third party providers such as sports trainers or physiotherapists to bolster care provided at venues. TRL takes no responsibility for treatment of any individual by these third party providers. The third party providers are not employees of TRL and are operating in an independent capacity.
- I acknowledge that in order to co-ordinate the TRL competition effectively, my contact details will be used to communicate competition updates via email (including newsletter service) and phone.
- I acknowledge that in the course of a season, photos and videos will be taken of teams and games being played. These photos will include my child and I consent to these photos being uploaded to social media sites such as Facebook, the TRL website and for these photos to be used in marketing and advertising campaigns.
- I acknowledge that the Terms and Conditions may change at any point in time and that it is my responsibility to stay abreast of any such changes by regularly checking this web-page and ensuring I am reading carefully all correspondence from TRL.
- I acknowledge it is my responsibility to bring to the attention of TRL, any illness or condition my child has or may have.
- I accept that as the parent/guardian that I need to be present during the entire time TRL takes place and I take full responsibility for health and wellbeing of my child during this time.
- I accept that I am responsible for the administration of any medication, treatment to my child during the Program or have an appropriate Proxy instead to administer such treatment.
- I accept that it is my responsibility to inform TRL of the type and nature of the illness my child may or does have BUT acknowledge that conveying this information does not make TRL responsible in any way shape or form for looking after my child.
E: Payments Policy
- Payments are taken via Direct Debit – provider, EziDebit. The amount and frequency of the Direct Debit is subject to change. Any proposed change in this arrangement will be communicated to the paying member via email and in advance of this change taking place.
- Membership can be cancelled at anytime. However to ensure you are not charged for any sessions your child does not attend you must provide written notice (via email) of your intention to cancel at least 5 calendar days before your child’s next training session. For example, if your child participates in a training session on Friday mornings, you must notify TRL Management by Saturday (the previous week) at the latest in order for the next direct debit not to be charged. If notice is provided later than this, the cancellation will take place the following week.
- Dishonour Fees: For any failed payment, there is a dishonour fee of $11.95. This fee is automatically added to your next payment.
- Missed Sessions: If written notice is provided within 24 hours of this missed session, you will be provided with a lesson credit (equal to one Session). This credit can be used upon the expiry/cancellation of your membership.
- Missed Gala Evenings: No credits, or removal of payment will be afforded if your child cannot attend the gala evenings.
- To use the credit/s, please contact your Regional Administrator upon the expiration of your membership. Note: Credits cannot be exchanged for refunds. TRL will keep an accurate log of credits but requires parents/guardians to provide notice in writing within 24 hours of the missed session, to trigger the creation of the credit.
- Wet Weather: If a session is missed due to wet weather, a lesson credit will be added to your account. You will still be charged but will have a lesson in credit which can be used upon the expiry/cancellation of your membership.
- Balls/Apparel/Equipment/Membership Packs: If you pay for any of these items in addition to your weekly membership, no refunds will be afforded unless goods are faulty.
- TRL will in certain circumstances, need to involve a Debt Collection Agency if fees owed are not appropriately settled. TRL will forward on the cost of using the Debt Collection Agency to the debtor (currently 25% of the total debt).
- Chasing payments requires significant time and resourcing. If TRL is forced to involve a Debt Collection Agency to recoup fees, an additional administration charge of $30 (to partly cover the time required to rectify) will be added to the outstanding debt.